What Steve Jobs, Venus Williams, and the Dalai Lama Have to Say About Focus (Hint: It’s Really Important)
Is your mind wandering off again? This will inspire you to find your focus again and get going.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
Anytime is a good time to spring into action. But making the decision to get work done, start that project, or pursue that dream is only half the battle. You will need a deep reserve of commitment and incredible concentration.
Looking for a few words of inspiration that will help you acquire laser-sharp focus? Here are some quotes that will help you get on the right path.
1. "The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus." - Bruce Lee
2. "Choose to focus your time, energy, and conversation around people who inspire you, support you, and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self." - Karen Salmansohn
3. "Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it." - Greg Anderson
4. "Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best." - Theodore Isaac Rubin
5. "That's been one of my mantras--focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains." - Steve Jobs
6. "I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." - Dalai Lama
7. "I believe that in life, you have to give things your best shot, do your best. You have to focus on what needs to be done, do the right thing, not the popular thing." - David Cameron
8. "I wish everyone well, but you need to focus on yourself. You need to stop putting your hand out. Everyone wants handouts. Everyone wants things for free. You've got to put in the work. You've got to grind. You've got go through the struggle, and you've got to get it." - Conor McGregor
9. "I learned long ago to focus on things you can control and don't even pay attention to things you don't." - Bryan Cranston
10. "Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed." - Paulo Coelho
11. "Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus." - Alexander Graham Bell
12. "I don't focus on what I'm up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest." - Venus Williams
13. "I don't care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don't harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you're never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants." - Zig Ziglar
14. "Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer." - Denis Waitley
15. "Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives." Tony Robbins