Effective Date: August 14, 2018
You can block or delete cookies and still be able to use Inc. Southeast Asia, although you may then be asked for your username and password each time you log in to the Website. In order to provide relevant content and information, you may choose to, or be asked to, provide us with other personal information or information about our business, however, your decision to provide such data will always be voluntary. Should you choose to delete your account or unregister from further electronic communications like emails please contact usat the earliest.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We provide various informational, educational, and entertainment features as part of the Services. To operate these features, we collect information from our Users. The types of information that Inc. Southeast Asia collects depends on the purpose for which each User chooses to use the Services.
We use the information we collect from Users to provide more meaningful editorial and advertising content and to offer relevant products and services, as well as to maintain, protect and improve Users’ overall experience.
- When a User subscribes to one of the Magazines, Inc. Southeast Asia may collect the name, email address and postal service address of the subscriber and, if a gift subscription, of the purchaser.
- When a User creates an account to use a premium service, Inc. Southeast Asia may collect name, title, age, company name, phone number, email address, social media identity and postal address.
- When a User registers for a live event or conference, Inc. Southeast Asia may collect name, title, company name, gender, age, email address, phone number, social media identity and postal address.
- When a User enters an awards program, Inc. Southeast Asia may collect name, title, company name, email address, phone number, social media identity and postal address as well as other information about the User’s activities,
- When a User enters a survey or contest, which is an entirely voluntary act, Inc. Southeast Asia may collect name, title, company name, phone number, social media identity, email address, and postal address as well as other information about the User’s interests
- When a User submits a request for support, Inc. Southeast Asia may collect the following types of information: name, telephone number, email address and other information that the User chooses to give us to respond to the support request.
- When you connect with us through a social media platform, we may, depending on your privacy settings, receive some information from your social media account.
When you use the Services, we use collect information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access the Services. Depending on the settings of a User’s computer or mobile device (“Device“), Inc. Southeast Asia also automatically collects: Internet Protocol (IP) address; MAC address; Device make, model and operating system version; mobile network information; internet service provider; browser type and language; country and time zone in which the Device is located; and metadata stored on the Device. This information is collected through cookies and other tracking tools. (For more information about cookies, please see below [and our Cookie Notice].)
Inc. Southeast Asia may supplement the information you provide to us with information from other sources. All of this information is treated as personal information when it directly or indirectly identifies an individual User.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use information to operate the Services, including:
To administer your account and provide the Services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Communicate with you about the Services
To inform you about offers and events
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Services and other websites
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
- The information collected in conjunction with events may also be used for the marketing of additional services and events by us and/or our promotional partners and sponsors beyond the contest, sweepstakes and/or special event. Depending on the event, Users either grant their approval on how their information is used before it is collected (‘opt-in’), or choose to deny use of their information for additional purposes (‘opt-out’).
To improve the Services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of Users’ behavior to improve the Services
- Develop new features and services.
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged fraud or other misbehavior on or though the Services
- Analyze data to better understand and design countermeasures against fraud
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms of Service
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we analyze our Users’ behavior to improve the Services, to prevent and detect fraud and misuse, and to market the Magazines to you.
- Consent: From time to time, we may ask for your consent to use your information. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
USE AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY OPERATIONAL PROVIDERS
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
· With our operational providers and partners
We also provide co-branded services or promotions with certain sponsors or other business partners. As a part of these services or promotions, we may request the submission of your personal information for participation and/or registration. We share this information with the sponsor or partner participating in the service or promotion. If the sponsor or partner collects your personal information, they may also share your information with us.
· With our affiliates
We share your information with our affiliates to help us with technical processing operations, such as data hosting and maintenance, customer care, marketing and targeted advertising, better understanding how the Services are used and Users’ behavior to improve the Services, securing our data and systems, fighting against spam, abuse, fraud and intellectual property infringement.
· For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
· When required by law
Applicable law may require us and our service providers to disclose your information if: (i) reasonably necessary to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government investigation or other legal requirements; or (ii) necessary for the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law).
· To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
· With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. When we do, we will make clear why we want to share the information.
We may collect and provide aggregate information about our Users (such as how many persons visited a particular page or activity or the likes and dislikes of our Users) to our advertisers, sponsors, promotional partners and affiliates but this aggregated information does not include personal information about any individual User.
The Websites also use clear GIFs [Graphics Interchange Formats] (also known as pixel tags, web beacons or web bugs). A clear GIF is computer code that contains a unique identifier that enables us to monitor user activity and traffic of the Websites. We use GIFs to gather aggregate information on visits to our Websites, track usage of Website links and assist with registration and other features.
USE AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY ADVERTISERS AND SPONSORS; THIRD PARTY COOKIES AND TRACKING TOOLS
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on the Websites. These advertising companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to the Websites and other websites not owned and operated by us, and may also combine this information with other data about your purchases and interests from other online and offline sources, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may interest you (as inferred from your online activity).
We also share usage information about Users of the Websites with these companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on the Websites and other websites. For these purposes, we and our third party advertising companies may note some of the pages you visit on the Websites through the use of GIFs. In the course of serving advertisements to the Websites, our third party advertisers may place or recognize a unique ‘cookie’ on your computer. The Websites may post banner ads and other forms of advertisements, and/or links to the websites of affiliate entities or of advertisers or sponsors who are companies that are not owned or operated by us, or our affiliates or subsidiaries. These entities may independently solicit and collect personal information, or send their own cookies and/or clear GIFs to our Users. The data collected is used in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to Users of the Websites and other interactive media and may be used to keep track of user response to each advertisement. We also work with third-party data analytics and online targeting companies. Some of these companies may use non-personal information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to the Websites and other websites in order to provide data and targeting recommendations based on which we may provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN INFORMATION
We use physical, technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information against unauthorized access, theft and loss. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to service your account or perform their job functions.
Although we takes precautions intended to help protect information that we process, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission of your personal data is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your personal information.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and the information in your account. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. You understand and agree that we may deliver electronic notifications about breaches of security to the email address on record on your account.
If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Websites);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable; and considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Accountability for Onward Transfer
Inc. Southeast Asiabshares Personal Data collected through the Services as described above.
If Inc. Southeast Asia transfers Personal Data to a third party, Inc. Southeast Asia takes reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that each third party transferee processes Personal Data transferred in a manner consistent with Inc. Southeast Asia’s obligations.
As noted above, under certain circumstances, Inc. Southeast Asia may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to valid requests by public authorities, including for national security or law enforcement requirements.