A Recruiter Said What He Hates about Candidates and the Candidates Punched Back Twice as Hard
Hiring is supposed to be a two-way street. Let’s remember that we’re in this together.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
There is often a tenuous relationship between recruiters and job seekers, which is funny because they need each other to be successful. But, they drive each other nuts and that came out to be blatantly obvious when a recruiter posted his pet-peeves about candidates and the candidates responded.
- They apply to jobs which they are clearly not suitable for.
- They don't respond to personalised outreach messages.
- They lie about their preferences (e.g. contract or perm) in order to rally up as many options as possible.
- After an offer has been made at the salary they've asked for since the beginning, they ask for more.
- They keep applying for jobs despite being in the final interview stage with a client.
- They won't give them their references in the first phone call (lol).
- They lie on their CVs (more common than you'd think).
- Their LinkedIn profiles list more jobs than their CVs or vice versa.
- They don't turn up for interviews.